We need your help to make College Goal Washington a success!
College Goal Washington aims to reduce the barriers students face in paying for college. This annual event takes place at numerous locations around Washington State. The workshop gives students and their families free, on-site professional help with the FAFSA so they can get money for college.
College Goal Washington is an entirely volunteer driven event. As such, it requires responsible individuals to assist in its execution and ensure its success.
The Site Lead is responsible for managing event and location logistics including: site setup, event agenda, and volunteer management. This position requires strong leadership skills and event planning skills. The development of a local task force is essential to the success of your community event. Sites will receive support from the statewide coordinator including: training, marketing materials, event planning and implementation guidance, and evaluation. If you are interested in hosting a College Goal Washington event in your community, please contact the Program Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are numerous positions available ranging from volunteer coordinator to clean-up support. Suggested volunteer roles are:
- Greet students and families, ensuring that everyone signs in properly.
- Distribute participation packets.
Site Greeters and Guides
- Welcome all attendees and direct attendees to the appropriate area/room
- Ask greeters to stay at the door and collect paper surveys from all attendees
Financial Aid Expert
- Answer tough FAFSA questions and provide expert guidance.
Financial Aid Advisor
- Give one-on-one assistance to students and families filing the FAFSA. This position requires basic knowledge of online FAFSA filing plus answers some of the most commonly asked questions.
- Present on pre-arranged topics for your event. Some presenters may present on financial aid and college planning topics in addition to offering FAFSA filing support.
Technical, Audio, and Visual Support
- Available to troubleshoot potential computer problems in FAFSA filing room.
- Available to troubleshoot any problems with presentation or audio equipment.
- Email access and computers should be prepared prior to the event begins.
To volunteer at a location near you, please email the Site Lead directly. Their information is included in the Event Location listing. If there is not an event near you, please contact email@example.com indicating your interest. A College Goal Washington representative will follow up with you.
Event volunteers will receive FAFSA training. New training information will be shared as soon as it is available.